Skip to main content

I plead guilty to a drug conspiracy case then I presented to the court and was sentenced for 18 months but they gave me a month

Hazleton, PA |

i asked before but I plead guilty to a drug conspiracy case then I presented to the court and was sentenced for 18 months but they gave me a month to go to prison but I did not go to but i was helping police to get people too and now they also want me to find some one now i want to know if that can help me to not deport me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Retain a criminal defense attorney who can negotiate with the government in exchange for your cooperation.


It frankly isn't going to matter how many times you ask us about your situation or how many new pieces of information you add, the response is going to remain the same. You need to have counsel assist you without delay. Does sound now like you need an attorney also familiar with immigration law.


Here is a case you need to read to let you know how serious Federal Crime has become and how important it is to hire a good lawyer

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.


18 U.S.C. § 3146(a)(2) makes a person's failure to surrender for the service of a sentence a separate crime that is punishable by not more than 1, 2, 5 or 15 years of imprisonment, depending upon the offense of conviction. § 3146(b)(2) requires that any sentence pursuant to this subsection be imposed consecutively to the original sentence. 18 U.S.C. § 3282 prescribes a five year limitations period on the prosecution for the offense, but your being a fugitive tolls that limitations period; therefore, you will not be able to avoid prosecution by evading capture for a five year period.

Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer