I plan to file for divorce when our lease is up. If my husband won't leave the home, what other legal ways can i have him removd

Asked about 1 year ago - Sicklerville, NJ

we have a lease that will be renewed around april of 2014. i'm certain he won't leave on his own and i have a son who will be a jr in high school. i would like to stay in the home so he can continue to attend the school he is at. we just moved in to this rental in may. we needed 3774.00 to move in and he contributed 800.00. i would like to know if i have any other options if he won't go voluntarily.

1. Anthony J Van Zwaren

Pro

1

Answered . I would consult a lawyer about your options. This is not a good forum to seek this type of specific legal advice and there is no such thing as lawyer/client confidentiality here.

2. Bari Zell Weinberger

Pro

1

Answered . Generally speaking, both parties have a legal right to remain in the home pending a final judgment of divorce. There are exceptions, however, you should consult with an attorney to discuss the details an specific facts of your situation. Please see the attached article regarding the divorce process to get you started: http://www.weinbergerlawgroup.com/how-to-begin-...

3. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

1

Answered . You can seek for a court to require him to leave, absent any domestic violence but you didn't mention any such acts.