I plan on traveling and staying abroad with a child that is a USC and im a holder of conditional GC. What do i need to do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Texarkana, TX

I want to visit my parents im my country and i am not sure how long this visit may take, since my parents are old and someone needs to take care of them. I also want to finish my MBA at home as well. I am having a conditional GC, which expires in December. My child is a USC and the thing is that i might end up living at home ( a european country) but i still dont know for sure, since its not all up to me. So i am going home, traveling with a child of USC, but with the possibility to stay there permanently. What do i do?
I would appreciate advice on this matter since i dont know the legal parts of the US. My husband knows of this situation and he is fully aware.

1. Gintare Grigaite

2

Answered . This may be a problem for you down the road, when you are ready to apply for the removal of conditions off your conditional green card. I recommend that you speak with an experienced immigration lawyer to discuss your options.

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . You need to get a reentry permit and will need to document that your marriage is a real marriage and not just one for the green card.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . This is a very, very risky proposition. Especially since you didn't mention your husband once in your recitation of facts.

You run the risk of having immigration deem you to have abandoned your residence.

I wouldn't leave for more than 90 days at a time ... they must let you back if you're gone for less than 90 days .. if you're gone for more than that .........................

Meet with an immigration lawyer.