I placed a TOD on my vehicles to a friend, what happens if both of us die simultaneously? Don't want vehicles going to his kids.

Granville, OH |

Who would obtain the vehicles in the case that both of us die simultaneously or if he dies soon after I do?

1. If you don't have a will, the answer more than likely depends upon your state statute addressing simultaneous deaths. If an OH attorney does not respond to your inquiry on avvo, you may need to contact an estate planning attorney in your state to know for certain.

The comment provided above is intended as general information and IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. If your question concerns an Estate Planning, Elder Law, or Long Term Care Planning matter governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina, please contact me for personalized service. fourpillars@fourpillarslawfirm.com (910) 762-1577.

Wills and estates topics