I petitioned my husband he just had his fingerprints & picture taken here. When & what can we expect his interview in juarez?

Fort Myers, FL |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

Im a nervous wreck with all this violence in mexico. We hope its approved because our smallest child needs plenty of surgeries by the end of this year and most of her adolescent life..she was born with a cleft lip and also needs ear tubes placed. Does he need to pay other fees in juarez, i was told from a lawyer who filed for us say everything is paid because that is the new requirements before having the interview. Also he has tattoos (not gang related but more of a mexican culture and religious) does that make a difference? The only thing he has been arrested for here is for driving w/o a license. And is it true that if he is approved that same day he get his visa ? Thank you so much.

I would suggest you stick to your lawyer. In this nervous circumstances of yours, last thing you need is a chorus of other lawyers second guessing your attorney's decisions. Good luck.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Hello. With regard to Juarez, there was a time when the waiver pilot program was running smoothly and more of the waivers were being granted smoothly and the visa issued the same day. But then the pilot program became inefficient and more of the waivers were being processed slowly. The issues with the tattoos is that the officer may feel they are gang or drug related. Your husband needs to be prepared to explain. Is your case one where extreme hardship has to be proven to over come the 3 or 10 year bar? These cases have a high standard and require establishing that the hardship in your case would be "beyond the normal consequence" of a separation. I prepare these cases very carefully. Best regards.

Is your current lawyer reputable? If you do not feel comfortable with your current lawyer, I would suggest that you consult another lawyer or two for additional opinions on your case. Your current lawyer should be able to answer these questions and provide you with some "peace of mind" in regards to the process.

I recommend staying at a hotel in Juarez that has a website in English and costs at least $80 (USA dollars) per night. These types of hotels will provide direct transportation to the consulate. Talk to your own lawyer about the fees issue and what to expect.