Skip to main content

I pepper sprayed my cat and got charged with NC G.S. 14-360. The cat belonged to my parents. What outcome is most likely?

Raleigh, NC |

I pepper sprayed my cat and got charged with NC G.S. 14-360. The cat belonged to my parents. I was having a bad day. What outcome is most likely?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Consult with a local criminal defense lawyer to represent you. Law enforcement agencies seem to be taking such claims more seriously than ever before. Don't go it alone. Retain counsel to protect your interests. Good luck.


Bottom line is retain a local criminal lawyer to fight it. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low fee. Good luck.

Licensed & have offices in PA & NJ ONLY. (Philadelphia, PA & Marlton, NJ)


It depends on a number of factors. Your best option would be to retain a criminal defense attorney to properly defend you case.

Miguel A. Amador, P.A. - (305) 423-7154 - Miguel A. Amador is licensed to practice law in Florida and the District of Columbia only. The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney


This is a serious offense which indicates that you have some very serious issues. Mental health counseling may be ordered.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida. If you wish to contact the above attorney, see his profile at this website.



Why mental health?

Kenneth Love Jr.

Kenneth Love Jr.


Animal abuse has long been considered a sign of a serial killer a la Jeffery Dahmer


Under the statute, you could be facing misdemeanor or felony charges that carry significant jail time. The likely outcome is entirely dependent on the facts. You've only shared a few of the facts. You should call a lawyer today to protect your rights and hopefully keep you out of jail.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for general information purposes only. It is not “legal advice," and it is neither intended to nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.


You need to hire a criminal defense lawyer to assist you with this matter.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer