Skip to main content

I pay child support so high that i can't afford to live on my owne income what can i do

Manchester, NH |

during the course of my divorce i charged with afsa and as a result i was ordered to pay child support so high that if it wasn't for my girlfriend i would not be able to support myself. what can i do to get help to change this problem? the biggest problem is that i am so broke because of this court order i can't afford to retain legal help.

I was also ordered to pay alimoney that was supose to end after three years but because i got behind with my suport the office of child suport kept it going to make up for my back suport. is there a way to make the dept. of child suport to give me a complete accounting of what has been payed and what still needs to be payed if at all.

Attorney Answers 1


If your income is low, you can call the New Hampshire Bar Association for a referral to an attorney for a reduced fee or for no fee. You will have to provide financial information to determine if you qualify for the program.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics