Skip to main content

I passed the english test for the naturalization and they said on the paper A descion cannot yet be made about your application.

Philadelphia, PA |

Then i recived a letter home , saying they need proof of contionous residence beacuse i went to my country for a year because my mother in law was sick, Income tax returns for the last 5 years and proof for taxes paid. I need help to prove that i didnt terminate the United States because i didnt, and i always paid my taxes.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


if you stayed outside the country for 365 days or more continuously, you could have trouble unless you filed an application to maintain residency for purpose of citizenship.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC



i never lived outside USA for 365 days or more


You have a problem. Meet with an attorney to see if your 1 year out-of-the-US can be forgiven.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.



well i never lived outside USA for 365 days or more in one single trip it was 11 months not 1 year

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


More than 180 days on a single trip is a problem ... you have been reading the wrong part of the law. Meet with an attorney.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer