I passed the citizenship on april 24 2013 and still waiting for oath ceremony. they said the fbi has not sent name check

I went in person they said the fbi has not send the name check for the final decision. I passed the interview on april 14.. now my card will expired on august 28 2014 should I sent a renewal now or wait ..

1. Strange, but not unusual. USCIS has 120 days after an interview in which to render a decision on your application. No, you do NOT need to renew your expired green card - a waste of time and money.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Make an InfoPass appointment, bring your current card and unexpired passport. Ask them to stamp your passport for an additional year.

Consider hiring an attorney to 'push' things.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. You should consult with an immigration attorney. You do not need to renew your green card.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.