I passed the citizenship on april 24 2013 and still waiting for oath ceremony. they said the fbi has not sent name check

Asked 5 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I went in person they said the fbi has not send the name check for the final decision. I passed the interview on april 14.. now my card will expired on august 28 2014 should I sent a renewal now or wait ..

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . Strange, but not unusual. USCIS has 120 days after an interview in which to render a decision on your application. No, you do NOT need to renew your expired green card - a waste of time and money.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You should consult with an immigration attorney. You do not need to renew your green card.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Make an InfoPass appointment, bring your current card and unexpired passport. Ask them to stamp your passport for an additional year.

Consider hiring an attorney to 'push' things.