Skip to main content

I paid Pendente Lite from April 2011 till Dec 2012. 42,000 plus all of the household expenses and car. 8000 per month in total

East Brunswick, NJ |

Do I get any of this money back at the closing. also the settlement agreement is still open for change

Attorney Answers 2


You don't get temporary awards for support back normally, although you possibly could if the final judgment orders it. This is very rare, though.

You should be represented by an attorney in your divorce case, if you aren't already. Representing yourself is like performing surgery on yourself, with no medical training or tools. It's legal, but you're likely to hurt yourself.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Mark as helpful


If you do not negotiate for a credit or other off-set within your final resolution and the matter is resolved by the execution of a Marital Settlement Agreement, any claim you believe you may have had for reimbursement, credit or off-set will be lost.

Kenneth A. White, Esq.

The Answer provided was based on the limited information provided, and represents information based on the law in general, not a legal opinion that can be relied upon. Before a formal legal opinion can be offered I would need an opportunity to review all possible relevant facts and circumstances. You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your sitaution, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the opinion that is being offered. Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may the same be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics