I Paid My FTA/FTP Fee For A Fix It Ticket, Now What To Get My License Back?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Mateo, CA

I paid my fees online via San Mateo County's direct pay thing they have online. It was a fix it ticket that I forgot about, so I just paid the fee to get it over with so I can get my license reinstated.

Do I just go to the DMV now to have it reinstated and pay the fee for that, or do I still have work to do with the traffic court first? Trying to figure out my next course of action since I need to get this handled asap.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Daniel C Grupenhagen

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . If that's the only ticket "hold"ing up your license, then I'd wait a day (tomorrow) and go reinstate at the DMV as you expected. Since you aren't going to do anything for the court other than pay that fine, there's nothing left but let it clear electronically between the court and Sacramento which should be done today and ready for reinstatement as early as tomorrow.

    Contributions on AVVO.com in no way create an attorney-client relationship nor are they intended to be relied upon... more
  2. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you paid your fines, the only thing you need to do is go to DMV and get license re-issued.

Related Topics

Fix-it tickets

A fix-it ticket, typically including a fine, is given when law enforcement notes damage that makes a vehicle unsafe to operate, such as a cracked windshield.

License suspension for traffic tickets

License suspension is one type of traffic violation penalty, usually imposed for serious traffic violations or for repeated minor violations.

James Alexander Abate

Driving While Suspended 39:3-40

Driving is a privilege most individuals take for granted. If your license is suspended, you may not operate a motor vehicle. Too often I meet individuals who have their lives ruined because... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,013 answers this week

3,657 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,013 answers this week

3,657 attorneys answering