I paid filing fees myself at the court to enforce arrearages of spousal maintenance. Can I recoup those fees?

My ex emailed me and after about one month and my daughter and I getting an eviction notice I begged my husband to pay what was owed. He told me in an email if I did not agree to the amount he settled on without filing fees and attorney costs of letters to his attorney he would not put the money in the bank. Out of desperation I agreed that just put the money in the bank and this would settle the matter. Now I may never recoup my attorney fees and my filing fees. Did I do the wrong thing? I hope I have explained this better. Thank you

Phoenix, AZ -

Donna G Heller

Donna G Heller

Family Law Attorney - Phoenix, AZ

Recouping the fees are never guaranteed in any event, but if you made an agreement it will be difficult to back-pedal.

Celia R Reed

Celia R Reed

Family Law Attorney - Phoenix, AZ

If you are withdrawing your petition because your ex paid up, then you would not be entitled to attoney fees and costs anyway.

Related Advice