I owned Med-Cal a large amount of restitution fee. After my parole discharge, can I have a settlement with Med-Cal. How?

Asked over 1 year ago - Monrovia, CA

I owned Med - Cal a large amount of restitution fee . After my parole discharge , can I have a settlement with Med - Cal . How ? Monrovia , CA The Med - Cal paid money to hospital for the expense my victim spend while she hospitalized . The Judge fine me a large amount of restitution fee to pay Med - Cal which I never could pay off . After my parole discharge , it will become a civil judgement , at that time could I have a settlement with Med - Cal .

1. Robert Laurens Driessen

Answered . Restitution is a set amount by the court. You have the right to a restitution hearing if you believe the amount of the ordered restitution is not correct you can set up a hearing for a judge to decide what the correct amount should be. If the restitution becomes a civil judgment against you they may settle the amount by would not be required to. It all depends on what the creditor would be looking for.
    Robert Driessen