I own real estate with a lifetime diary. My son and daughter in law live with me . they have a quick deed to the property .

Cabot, AR |

Can I sell the property without my daughter in laws signature. All three names are on the deed.

1. You would be able to sell your life estate, though it would be difficult at best to find a buyer for just the life estate. Because all three names are on the deed (and your son and daughter-in-law are married) all three of you must convey and release their interests in the property by signing a deed to a purchaser of the land.

This response is for information purposes only, it does not create any attorney-client relationship. Responses to questions posted on this Forum are of a general nature only. Because it is not possible to have all of the facts of your issue addressed in this forum, you should consult with an attorney to review the unique circumstances specific to your situation. www.TheSchollLawFirm.com

2. If you have a life estate only and your own the rest of the interest in the property, you can only sell what you own in your name. I would consult with a real estate lawyer or real estate company about your options before you decide what to do.

This answer does not create a attorney client relationship and cannot be relied upon as a legal opinion as there are too many unknown facts to this matter to render an opinion at this time. Campbell & Grooms, PLLC http://www.campbellgrooms.com