I own property in Arizona, and want to establish legal residency there. What are the minimum requirements?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Milford, MI

I currently reside in another state, but spend 6 to 8 months per year in Arizona. I am a U.S. citizen.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . To become a resident of Arizona for tuition purposes for colleges /universities an adult person (18 years or older) person must physically reside in the state for the twelve consecutive months immediately preceding the term for which resident classification is requested.

    To get married with the necessary AZ marriage license there are no residency requirements and you need not prove you have lived in AZ for any time whatever.

    As you can see it all depends upon what the reason is for which you want to establish residency.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,779 answers this week

2,806 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,779 answers this week

2,806 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary