I own my mobile home, rent the lot. Landlord is refusing to repair the driveway. Do I have to fix or can I make them fix it?

Phoenix, AZ |

Sent management certified letter. They responded saying that the repairs were mine under the rules and regulations. Nothing in this document that staes leasees are responsiable for driveways. Management also sited AZ statue "AZ Mobile Home Parks Residential Landlord Tenant Act, Sec 33-1451, Tenant Obligations, "Tenanat is to maintain mobile home space..."

When we bought the home the driveway was in bad shape due to age and weather. We have only lived here just over 1 year.

1. It looks like a question of interpretation. 33-1451 says, "A tenant of a mobile home space shall exercise diligence to maintain that part of the premises which he has rented in as good condition as when he took possession", but 33-1434 says, " A. The landlord shall:... 2. Make all repairs and do whatever is necessary to put and keep the premises in a fit and habitable condition"

So it looks like you would have to sue to determine what part of the maintenance was the landlord's responsibility before you took possession, and what part is your responsibility to maintain, if any.

Depending on how much the repairs would cost, it might not be worth the money to fight in court.

Landlord-tenant law topics