I own a small business and was fined for not having worker comp, I agreed to a bad settlement, how do I fight it?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

The workers comp collection agency called me and pretended to be from the workers comp agency (a public entity) and the rep also claimed that a low settlement that he was offering me was approved by the workers comp board (also wasn't true, he made up the number). Can't I fight them for deception and abuse of public office?

1. John M Connell

Pro

3

Answered . I agree that you should have a workers compensation attorney. That is the only way to protect your business and get the matter resolved

2. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

2

Answered . I think you should talk to a NY Workers' Compensation Attorney, because I think we can agree that you are in over your head. The alternative to a bad settlement is the potential for a worse Trial Award.

3. Brett A. Borah

1

Answered . I are with my colleagues.