I own a condo on cape cod. should the condo fee mirror beneficial interest?

Boston, MA |
Filed under: Condominiums

i own a condo on cape cod. should the condo fee mirror beneficial interest?

I am unsure of your question. If you are asking whether your condo fees should conform to your interest in the condo I would suggest that you review the Declaration of Trust and Master Deed to explore means of potentially increasing / decreasing condo fees / dues. Have you discussed this with other unit owners?

I wish you all the best.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I am licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and have an office in Wellesley. My practice is focused in the areas of family law, estate planning, probate, elder law, landlord-tenant and employment law. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. Please contact me with questions and concerns at: (T): 781-210-4710 (E): jrobbins@sjh-law.com I wish you all the best.

Your agreement to pay the fee should outline the purpose of same.

No attorney-client relationship is created in responding to this question, and advice provided is based solely on very limited facts presented, and therefore may not be correct. You are advised that it is always best to contact a competent and experienced with the practice of law in the county in which you reside.

I believe the answer to your question is no. This is typically the case, but not always. Look to your master deed and trust.

Christopher Vaughn-Martel is a Massachusetts lawyer with the firm of Vaughn-Martel Law in Boston, Massachusetts. All answers are based on generalized Massachusetts law and the limited facts presented by the questioner. All answers are provided to the general public for educational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship is formed by providing an answer to a question. If you would like an attorney with Vaughn-Martel Law to review your specific situation and provide you with legal options or information specific to you, you may schedule a telephone or office by calling 617-357-4898 or visiting us at www.vaughnmartel.com. Our office charges $100.00 for a consultation, and applies your consultation fee to your first bill if the Firm is hired to perform further work.