I own a business with 3 employees, I will have an I-9 inspection by 4-23-13 by ins, I don't have green card, what can happen?

Fresno, CA |

I started my business in 2010, with all permits federals and state, I have valid social security number because I had work permit and expired in 2001, this company is LLC and I pay my taxes and workers comp, everything is legit.....two of my employees apparently don't have green cards.... but what worries me is what is gonna happen with myself and the company... it makes an annually gross 500,000 and I had invested in equipment and tools about 300,000.

I guess you need to engage two processionals, a CPA and an Immigration Attorney.

You need to retain an experienced I-9 attorney before your inspection. The company's obligation to comply with notice of inspection is not up for negotation. However, it is a corporate responsiblity. As a single member LLC your role is different than a standard employee, and possibly exempt from the I-9 requirement. However, you are also the LLC's director. This position puts you at risk for criminal consequences. You need an attorney for the company, and possibly another one for you as an individual. Don't waste any more time posting to message boards - contact an attorney in your area asap.

The law may vary from state to state and is subject to change without notice so that some information may not be correct for your situation. You should consult with an attorney and not rely on any information contained herein regarding a specific situation. Please be advised that the act of responding to your question does not alone create an attorney-client relationship. A separate agreement that Wilson Law Group will furnish legal services to you must be entered into before an attorney-client relationship is established. Deadlines are extremely important in most legal matters. If you have any questions regarding this disclaimer, you may contact Wilson Law Group at 3019 Minnehaha Ave. Suite 200, Minneapolis, MN 55406 or via telephone at 612-436-7100.

Immediately consult with an immigration attorney to do an audit.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

Hire an immigration attorney. He or she will handle the audit.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You need to have a specialist who is competent in Immigration and Criminal law, as well as Taxation issues.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

Tax law topics