Skip to main content

I own 42% of a estate i live in this home as well..the other owns 58% and the a/c has went out are they reasponsible to replace

Eustis, FL |

i have told the other party that it needs to be repaired and there reply was to get 3 estemates witch i have done. they also said not to do anything but this is fl and i am having it replaced on wed this week that i am going to pay ffor out of my own pocket...are the reasponsible for there share 58%

Attorney Answers 1


  1. Your post does not have enough information to give you a complete answer. Do you have any written agreement with the other tenant in common? Was the house the homestead of the decedent? Are you paying rent for your exclusive use of the property? You should consult a lawyer in your area who is experienced in both real estate and probate for guidance on your rights and responsibilities.

    Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Questions?
An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics