I owe federal restitution. I have not been able to pay. The government is attempting to take my wife teaching retirement.

My wife is a teacher in Texas, retirement is thru Texas teacher retirement. What can I do?

South Houston, TX -

Attorney Answers (1)

Carey Duncan Carmichael Jr.

Carey Duncan Carmichael Jr.

Criminal Defense Attorney - Live Oak, FL

Not too sure about Texas. But in most states, a spouse cannot be held liable for criminal sanctions just because you are married. Why was restitution imposed?

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.