I owe child support in WA state. How hard is it for WA DHS to seize my bank financed car in CA? What is their process?

Asked 8 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Owe $10k+ in back child support, Car worth $15k, owe the bank $10k.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jeffrey Scott Drabin

    Contributor Level 13


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . it is extremely unlikely that anyone would levy on an encumbered vehicle.

    This information is provided for general educational purposes only including answers posted to questions asked.... more
  2. Kurt Duane Elkins

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . If the car is worth 15 but you owe the bank 10 on it then it would not make financial sense for the bank to go after it. I would still be careful, I know some creditors will wait you out and go after the car in a year or two when it is worth 10 but now it is paid off. would it be possible for you to pick up some extra work to get the child support back on track?

    Please consult or retain a lawyer for your particular issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,079 answers this week

2,738 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,079 answers this week

2,738 attorneys answering