I owe a lot of money for a car accident that I cannot afford to pay. what can i do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Torrance, CA

I was uninsured on my car for about a week. During this time, unfortunately while drive, I blacked out due to epilepsy and caused an accident. Now I am getting letters in the mail saying I owe a very large amount of money and I have no way to pay back the money.

1. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

10

Answered . CONSULT WITH A BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEY, MAYBE THEY CAN HELP. BEST OF LUCK.

2. Seyed Abbas Kazerounian

6

Answered . Are creditor ls bothering you? If so call a consumer attorney

3. Michelle Sara Rofeh

6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues above. Bankruptcy may be an option that would eliminate your debt. Feel free to contact my office in Gardena for a free consultation. You can reach me at 424-262-0529.

The information above is not intended to, nor does it constitute legal advice.
  4. Alexander Jesus Limontes

7

Answered . I agree you should contact an attorney immediately.

5. Robert Max Klein

Pro

4

Answered . You should consult with a lawyer. Depending on your medical history, blacking out from epilepsy may not be foreseeable. Which means that you are not at fault.

6. Justin Drayton Graham

4

Answered . If the other driver had uninsured motorist coverage in his/her auto insurance policy, that person's insurance company will cover some or all of the damages. But you would still be responsible for the damages. That you blacked out due to epilepsy may be a defense (partial or otherwise) in a civil action. Bankruptcy probably would make the matter go away altogether. My office happens to specialize in bankruptcy and auto accidents.

7. Brad Francis Weil

2

Answered . You can try to file bankruptcy, Chapter 7, that will discharge all of you liabilities. There is a chance whoever you hit will attempt to have the debt determined to be non-dischargeable in an adversary proceeding. If that happens it will cost you as an adversary proceeding is a lawsuit within the bankruptcy proceeding. For more info or to schedule a consult call my office at (310) 515-7799

8. Michael Shemtoub

1

Answered . You can file bankruptcy if you qualify. Give me a call to discuss as I handle these cases.