I on L2 visa have applied EAD and visited USICS for Biometrics. Can i start job search now before EAD arrives or wait for EAD ??

Delray Beach, FL |

I on L2 visa have applied EAD and visited USICS for Biometrics. Can i start job search now before EAD arrives or wait for EAD ?? My SSN no is approved by not received to me yet?

Maximum 90 days length for EAD application will get completed in March end week. Should i wait till that time to obtain either a temp EAD or can i legally apply for jobs and search for prospective employers and accept an offer based on SSN and EAD file no.?? can i join in March before my EAD is physically available?

You can start a job search now, but cannot accept employment until the card issued.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

Searching for employment is not employment, which is authorized only with a valid EAD.

You can look for potential employment without an EAD. However, you cannot begin working until the EAD is issued.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Review Mr. Devore's Avvo Profile for more information about his expertise in immigration law and how to contact him to discuss your case.