I obtained a attorney in June to obtain visitation/custody, today by letter I was informed she is no longer w/the firm now what?

Asked 12 months ago - Anoka, MN

We had 1 court appearance and the judge suggested mediation. Our original date Aug 5 was pushed out to Oct 5, I emailed her and left messages, no response and now she is no longer with the firm. I am very frustrated, I got no where and now I have to start all over?? I want to see MY daughter without supervision. The mother of my daughter will only allow me to see our daughter at her parents house where she resides, I can only stay in the living room while her Mother supervises me. I am not allowed to take her for a walk or anything. I am NOT court ordered to pay support altho I am voluntarily sending $300 to the county. I am the one who filed the papers. I need help and a good referral to a attorney that will fight for me.

1. Tricia Dwyer

Answered . Hello. You sound like a particularly loving father. This website does not make referrals. Do phone an attorney to make arrangements for representation for you. Some attorneys will consider your finances in legal fee. Regarding the attorney who failed to communicate with you, you may address that matter, too. All the best to you and your daughter.

2. Sara Marie Grant Rojas

Pro

Answered . The letter should indicate whether the firm or the attorney is withdrawing or what they intend to do with your case. If your attorney is withdrawing and the firm is not substituting another attorney in their firm in her place. This site is not for specific referrals, but you can likely find many good attorneys on this site. All the best to you!

Sara Rojas
    612.206.3722
    srojas@rojaslegal.com
    www.rojaslegal.com

3. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

Answered . See answers in other post as well.