Skip to main content

I nned to reopem my deportation case its from 2004 what is my odds

Colchester, CT |

i have deportation order from 2004 texas court

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


More information needed to determine the likelihood of reopening your case, such as why you were placed in removal proceedings, whether you have any criminal history, and also whether you have any kind of petition approved, for example. So it would be best if you could meet with an experienced immigration attorney in private to discuss this.

Contact attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.



Also I my I 130 got approved and also got stay removal granted for year also employment authorization for year

Gintare Grigaite

Gintare Grigaite


Ok great, so for all of these reasons you should definitely see an immigration attorney to discuss the process.


Since over 3 months have passed, you can only move to reopen if the Department of Homeland Security joins in your motion.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


Because of the age of your case, you would need the government's attorney to join in the motion to reopen. This is something I would strongly urge that you do not attempt without assistance. You should consult with an expereinced immigration attorney as soon as possible.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer