Stockton, CA |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

MY PARENTS PRIORITY DATE IS JAN 1984 UNDER F4 SIBLING CATEGORY. WE APPLIED OUR VISA SINCE OCTOBER, 2012 AND WE SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AT NVC AND NVC SCHEDULE OUR INTERVIEW IN NOVEMBER 2012. WHEN INTERVIEW SCHEDULED MY AGE WAS 20 YEARS AND 7 MONTHS AND NOW WE ARE ALL GOING TO ADMINISTRATION PROCESS. TWO DAYS AGO EMBASSY CALLED US AND SAID YOUR MEDICAL GOING EXPIRED AND WE MUST SUBMIT MEDICAL AGAIN.Now the problem is embassy said if we issued you a visa you must leave your country before your age please tell me how my age going out under administration process. please tell me your legal embassy right or wrong???i will appreciate your r reply.

Contact the embassy and ask if you qualify under the Child Status Protection Act so you won't age out.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

i think you saying wrong. CSPA only apply those cases which approved after cspa enacted.. MY parents PD was current 1994 and due to some domestic problem we cant apply that time. my case is other i am not under cspa. so please ans me according to your law.

You may want to read the opinion in DeOsorio v. Mayorkas, a Federal Court case about the Child Status Protection Act that we won in 2012. This may help you.

However the government is trying to challenge our victory in the Supreme Court.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration