I need to write a letter to the judge can someone help me word it right?

Asked over 3 years ago - Big Bear Lake, CA

Its me again...i was charged with petty theft.this is my first offense.the amount stolen totaled at about $60.im wondering how write the judge for dissmisal or a transfer or something. I dont know if you remember, but i had said a while back in one of my first questions that it couldn't of happend at a worse time because i was in the process of moving. What i left out is that i had already moved prior to the day i was caught stealing. I was was just back in town getting the rest of my stuff. Can someone please help me write an appropriate letter i know its asking alot, but when i asked a public defender to help he said no. It had to be in my own words not his proffesinal opinion.Im not asking for a complete letter just some pointers.e-mail me at nikkidanville88@gmail.com please help thanks

1. Brad S Hindley

Answered . The Judge will not read your letter. To communicate with a judge you need a pleading, like a Motion to Dismiss, which cites the legal reason the case should be dismissed.

You may request a continuance by motion, or by stipulation if the prosecutor agrees to continue a hearing.

Go to the local law library at the county court house for forms.

2. Harry Mervin Reynolds

Pro

Answered . Unfortunately, it does not work that way. Your problem is not the wording of the letter. Your problem is that judges do not respond to letters written by litigants.