I need to travel outside USA,my temporary green card is expired.My I-751 case is pending because my divorce has not been final

Asked over 1 year ago - Redondo Beach, CA

I want to travel outside USA.I got 1 year renewal of my temporary green card when I filed for I- 751 based on good faith marriage on October 2011.I got my interview in May 2012 with the IO and she gave me 3 months ..till august 2012 to submit divorce Judgement. But I could not do that because my divorce is still going on,we have no children,my spouse is just dragging the divorce.

My concerns are I want to travel outside and want to come back to USA and do have to file again my I 751 as I have heard nothing from the immigration department.

1. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

1

Answered . Given these facts you may need to refile. But wait for the denial first. I do not recommend traveling while your application is still pending. My best advice is to consult an attorney.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . NO don't leave the US.

RUSH the divorce.

Hire an immigration lawyer ... you might have to file a new I-751.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

1

Answered . Based on the limited facts you've provided, I would not travel internationally. Instead, I'd retain counsel to review the matter and all documents that you've been provided by USCIS.