I need to subpoena an officer of plaintiff. Can I serve the subpoena at his place of employment?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

The company is located in Florida. Is serving the attorney for plaintiff be considered proper service?

1. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

3

1

Answered . You have to serve the officer personally (the attorney for plaintiff won't do), and service must be made by a licensed process server. They can't invade private property (such as the employer's premises), but experienced process servers have imaginative ways for finding people.

2. Cynthia Ariel Conlin

Answered . Call up a process server in the county where the officer is located and discuss it with them; they should be able to help. Good luck!