I need to subpoena an officer of plaintiff. Can I serve the subpoena at his place of employment?

Tampa, FL |

The company is located in Florida. Is serving the attorney for plaintiff be considered proper service?

1. You have to serve the officer personally (the attorney for plaintiff won't do), and service must be made by a licensed process server. They can't invade private property (such as the employer's premises), but experienced process servers have imaginative ways for finding people.

I often take cases other attorneys won't, so call me for a free consultation. My number is 727-712-3333, or you can view my website at www.TampaConsumerLawyer.com

2. Call up a process server in the county where the officer is located and discuss it with them; they should be able to help. Good luck!

To schedule a consultation, call my office at 407-965-5519. I am licensed to practice in Florida only. My answer does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given after learning all circumstances and conducting a comprehensive examination, including being able to ask questions, and cannot be given just from reading one question on an Q&A board such as this.