I need to subpoena an officer of plaintiff. Can I serve the subpoena at his place of employment?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

The company is located in Florida. Is serving the attorney for plaintiff be considered proper service?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 3

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You have to serve the officer personally (the attorney for plaintiff won't do), and service must be made by a licensed process server. They can't invade private property (such as the employer's premises), but experienced process servers have imaginative ways for finding people.

    I often take cases other attorneys won't, so call me for a free consultation. My number is 727-712-3333, or you... more
  2. Answered . Call up a process server in the county where the officer is located and discuss it with them; they should be able to help. Good luck!

    To schedule a consultation, call my office at 407-965-5519. I am licensed to practice in Florida only. My answer... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,075 answers this week

3,764 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,075 answers this week

3,764 attorneys answering