I need to serve a subpoena for child custody and a restraining order, but i dont have an address for him. can i publiclly serve?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

i heard you can place an add in the paper?

1. Henry Lebensbaum

3

Answered . You can ask the court by motion for permission to file notice by publication.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

2. Pamela Janet Ross

1

Answered . The best way to serve him is to have him personally served. If you have an address for his work or you have a way to find out his address, then that is the best bet. If you are serving by publication, I would hire a professional process server or an attorney so that you know it is done properly.

3. Pius Joseph

Pro

1

Answered . Subpoena must be served personally. You can hire a process server to skip trace the person to be served.