Skip to main content

I need to see my children. Can you help?

Toledo, OH |

My X girlfriend put a domestic violence charge on me AFTER I evicted her from my house. I took her in after she got evicted from her last house a year ago. She has custody of my 3 children. Now the courts have taken all visitation away from me. She has a very bad "pill addiction" & has nowhere to live. I don't understand. Can you help???

Attorney Answers 3

  1. We can't help you on this public forum. You need to go talk to a family law attorney in person and present all your facts and documents to him or her. Only after a candid and thorough evaluation can your attorney determine why your visitation rights were terminated, and what can be done to restore them. Good luck.

    This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

  2. When did she get custody? Do you two have multiple cases involving each other? Is the domestic violence matter criminal or civil? Was the order blocking your contact with your children done without notice to you (Ex Parte is the official language)? As I am often in Court call my assistant Dan London at 312-807-3990 to set up a private telephone consultation. At the consultation we can discuss the confidential details we need to craft a strategic plan. These details should not be broadcast over the Internet.

    This is a general answer and does not address the specifics of your individual case. To give the specific answer you need our firm needs you to come in for a consultation.

  3. This is more than you can handle alone. You need to retain a lawyer and the lawyer to retain an investigator to collect evidence to support your position.

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Domestic violence topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics