I need to reschedule my US citizenship appointment.

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

My citizenship interview is in next 15 days. but i have to go to a different state after 10 days and i will be out for months. i really dont know when i will be back. i cannot come back for interview. is it possible to ask them to reschedule for interview early in the next 10 days.

1. Andrew Marino Bramante

5

Answered . You are in a tough situation. You can ask them to reschedule, but they probably will not be able to reschedule during the next 10 days. If I were you, I would schedule an InfoPass and go to the USCIS Cleveland office. Explain your situation, give them a change of address (where you will be living temporarily), and ask them to reschedule AFTER you get back. If you are planning to be gone more than 3 months, you should suggest to them that they process your change of address and transfer your file to that new location. Two of the officers at the CLE window are pretty helpful. They might figure something out for you.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, but you'll be rescheduled to another interview within 1-2 months and if you fail to show up for a total of 3 interviews your N-400 case will be cancelled and you will lose your filing fee you paid.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I suggest you do not do that. DO the interview, finish it and then go on with your life.

4. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . If possible go to the interview. If you cannot go make an InfoPass appointment and go to CIS and explain your situation and ask for a reschedule.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com
    Robert Brown LLC
    1468 W. 9th Street, Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113