I need to reopen an Ethics case with New discovery!

Lodi, NJ |

I lost a judgement for an attorney fee a couple of months ago in a Pro Se Superior Court case. I found another past client of this attorney who gave this same attorney $15,000. The past client never received the agreed upon service. His case was many years ago, my case is about 18 months old. How do I reopen the case with this New Discovery or am I wasting my time?

Wasting your time.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

What you have to be concerned about (since you lost this case the first time around) is: What is going to be different about your case, your preparation, your facts, your arguments, etc. THIS time around? If there will be nothing new/different, then yes, you probably are wasting your time.

As of the time I provided my answer to your question(s) today, I am NOT your lawyer and you are NOT my client. Therefore, there is NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP between us. Accordingly, you should NOT construe my response to your question(s) as legal advice. Rather, you should look upon my answer as a "starting point" for you begin discussions with a lawyer of your choosing. I am always receptive to new clients, but there are many, many lawyers who will meet with you and give you expert, personal legal advice. My answers in this forum are NOT expert legal advice, but merely general commentary after reading the very, very brief facts which you provided to this forum. I truly wish you all the best!