I need to prove that the bruise on childs cheek was accidental and the only incident.

Asked 10 months ago - Boynton Beach, FL

They informed me today that DCF had the report made on Fri and that today they spoke to my child and wouldn't be allowing me to get her until the hearing. I have the support of my ex husband and his wife and a friend of mine as well as my current live in boyfriend (however allegations were made against him as well) ... would it help if they spoke or wrote in court? what are my rights and what actions should I take to prove these allegations are totally false.

my live in boyfriend was the witness and I do have a friend of the family to write a letter to submit in regaurds to these allegations. but I don't know HOW to prove it. My daughter had told the police the night before that indeed was an accident but I don't know what she told the case worker..

also should I bring people who could testify on my behalf who has witnessed me over the years? my daughter is 7 years of age so doubt she will be there. tomorrow is the "shelter" hearing? was hoping to resolve this tomorrow but seems unlikely?
(( also in concerns to my witness his name was mentioned in allegations but It was brought to me tht there wasn't much concern so hopefully they debunk those allegations being he was present when the incident occurred. how long does it take to go to trial ?

1. Brent Allan Rose

2

1

Answered . You need to speak to an attorney so that you can learn exactly what your rights are and help you prove that you didn't harm your child. You didn't explain how you can prove this, and you didn't say that you have any witnesses, but be sure that, before DCF brings a case against you, they will be certain they can prove you harmed your child. For instance, they'll have a doctor to testify that there is a fist print on the child's cheek or that you knew of the harm and didn't take your child to a doctor. They may have x-rays and other evidence. You may be entitled to have a lawyer appointed.

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

1

Answered . The scope of your questions is outside of the purpose of this forum - you need to be getting in touch directly with a local attorney to discuss this matter more in depth.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . Hire an attorney--that is what you should do.