I need to press charges against my father who sexually abused me from age 4-10 I am currently 24 years old

Downey, CA |

This happened in Florida and my father is currently living in Alabama

1. The proper jurisdiction would be Florida or for a civil suit Alabama. You need to determine if he has any money and what proof you have. Talk to a Distict Attorney

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

2. The proper jurisdiction would be Florida or for a civil suit Alabama. You need to determine if he has any money and what proof you have. Talk to a Distict Attorney