I need to present a US employer with all the paperwork to sign off to sponsor me for a green card so she can decide

Asked 6 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

if she can do it or not. That will include let the employer see the draft the job offer and all the labor certifications. The owner, a lady, might decided against it after she sees the paperwork, or not. She just wants to see everything first and then decide.Would it be completely illegal to ask a lawyer to do all that or it would be OK? The employer does not have a legal department not a lawyer and she prefers I deal with the process and just present the final product.My second issue would be that I would have to actually retain a lawyer to do all that and if she (the owner) changes her mind and back out after reading all the paperwork I would have loose probably thousands of dollars. Anyone has a suggestion? What would be the cost of just "drafting" the paperwork without actually filing?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

Answered . The lawyer cannot create a job for you. You must have a job offer to present to the lawyer.

Please see

2. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

4

1

Answered . You ask some great questions, and you're making life easier for the employer and the attorney by being so proactive. While the documents in this situation will be important, the more critical issues at this stage are what position you are being offered, the nature of the company, and your qualifications, among several others. Bringing a lot of paperwork to your employer at this point wouldn't be the most useful thing to do. The most useful thing to do would be to speak to an immigration attorney (both you and the employer), to discuss the above factors. Only then could the attorney make some recommendations. The article below may be useful. Best of luck.

3. Irina Alexander Vinogradsky

2

1

Answered . The best thing would be to retain a lawyer who will speak to your employer and convince her that she can do it for you.