I need to post this again! N600 help please!

Asked 7 months ago - Bradenton, FL

Hi, I'm a LPR of the USA, I'm claiming citizenship trough my mother.my mom is a citizen by birth, I born abroad( Italy) but my mom didn't stay in the United States a year before I born, so she doesn't met the physical presence requirement now referred to the child citizenship act of 2000, I'm still able to get my citizenship trough my mother? I'm a permanent resident from 20 years now, and the reason why I can't apply by my self it's because my grandmother got sick four yeArs ago got sick and die, so when had to go back to Italy, and I've interrupt my continuos residence. I got my permanent card renewed but I still want to be a USC as soon as possibile, please help me, it's so unfair that I have to wait 30 months to apply for my citizenship!!I was born in 1990, I've been trying lawyer here

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

18

Answered . Need more information to answer your question. I assume that your parents were unwed at the time of your birth since you refer to a "one year" requirement.

For information about acquiring US citizenship through parents, please see

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . No matter your circumstances, which we feel for, the law is the law. If you do not qualify under the law. you are not a citizen and need to comply for the naturalization requirements. All of them. You may also want to think about returning as soon as possible as you might ended up losing a green card as well. Losing by abandonment.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

3

Answered . Hire an immigration attorney directly as your case will not get solved online. I am sorry about your troubles but I agree with attorney Segal - the law is the law and attorneys can't change that.