Skip to main content

I need to petition the courts of Florida to unseal my birth record. Can someone please provide the link to do so.

Hollywood, FL |

My birth record has been sealed. I am 100% sure I'm not adopted. I have my amended birth certificate, but need my original sealed one, because I'm applying for my irish dual citizenship, and they are requesting the original. Can anyone please provide me a direct link to which court papers I need to file to petition the courts where I currently live which is hollywood Florida. Or provide the form number please.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It does not work quite that way. You need to ask your parents about this. Then get to an attorney.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida. If you wish to contact the above attorney, see his profile at this website.



Thank you for your response, I have spoken with my mother, and I am 100% sure that I'm not adopted. My mother will even go to court with me to ask the judge to unseal the documents I have 4 other siblings and we are all identical. My mother claims she knows nothing about the seal and that it should've never been put in place. So we don't know why it's sealed but, it's becoming a problem to unseal it. Everyone I've spoken with has never heard of such a thing and no one knows where to start. All I know is that I have to petition the courts. Ny vitals say I can go to the courts in my jurisdiction however my jurisdiction says I have to go to ny courts because a fl judge has to say in what ny jurisdiction does. I just need to know if it's ny or fl where I can file these papers and then what proper papers need to be filed

Robert Jason De Groot

Robert Jason De Groot


It would probably be NY, and you will have to ask an attorney there.

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer