I need to know why im paying my childrens grandmother childsupport i still have joint custody .

Danville, IL |

how is it possiable for the grandmother to get childsupport when i have joint custody of my kids and why am i not able to get my kids and also would i get into trouble if i went and took them back from her ,

You need to direct these questions to your attorney -- the one that handled the custody orders that resulted in the children being placed with Gram and entering a support order for you to pay gram.

If you don't have an attorney, you need one. Hire an attorney, immediately.

there were no orders for them to be placed there the mother took them there without notifying me .

Wes Cowell

Wes Cowell

So, don't pay support to Gram -- you've no responsibility to pay Gram. Your support order says to pay Mom, so pay Mom. Beyond that, you should stop posting this stuff online and, instead, report it to your attorney. If you don't have an attorney, you need one . . . TODAY. Get going.

This question seems incomplete. Not only is the question incomplete the facts are as well. Either way, something does not make sense and I suggest speaking with an attorney. Judges do not typically just "take" children from a parent while that parent also has custody. That just doesn't legally make sense. Speak to an attorney in detail.

Communication with an attorney does not by itself create an attorney/client relationship or constitute provision or receipt of legal advice. Any communication with an attorney should be considered informational use only, and should not be relied upon or acted upon until a formal attorney/client relationship is established via a written agreement.

no i wasnt notified when the mother gave the children to her mother , im contacting a lawyer , but i just needed a little advice honestly you just got rude with me because i was asking a question i didn't put in detail due to the fact that if i do you say to much information . so this is just pointless to even ask a question on here because all of you get rude .

Gary L. Schlesinger

Gary L. Schlesinger

sorry if you think we are rude. but we need lots more facts to answer your question. but you are right, those facts should not be posted here. joint custody means you share decisions on education, health care, religion. lots of folks with joint custody pay support. joint custody does not mean no support. if there is no court order for you to pay grandma, then do not pay her. if there is no court order giving her the kids, she should not have them. but if there is no court order giving you the kids, you should not have them either. so, go hire a lawyer. give that lawyer all your court papers. then come up with a plan which is probably a petition for you to get custody and a writ of habeas corpus against grandma.

Talk to your lawyer or consult and hire one. You have listed no facts here at all. How do we know where the mother is? Whoever is revising the children is going to get child support. Just because you have joint custody does not mean you have equal time with them.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Child custody topics