I need to know why im paying my childrens grandmother childsupport i still have joint custody .

Asked 4 months ago - Danville, IL

how is it possiable for the grandmother to get childsupport when i have joint custody of my kids and why am i not able to get my kids and also would i get into trouble if i went and took them back from her ,

1. Wes Cowell

4

Answered . You need to direct these questions to your attorney -- the one that handled the custody orders that resulted in the children being placed with Gram and entering a support order for you to pay gram.

If you don't have an attorney, you need one. Hire an attorney, immediately.

2. Andrea Medlock Harvey

Pro

3

Answered . This question seems incomplete. Not only is the question incomplete the facts are as well. Either way, something does not make sense and I suggest speaking with an attorney. Judges do not typically just "take" children from a parent while that parent also has custody. That just doesn't legally make sense. Speak to an attorney in detail.

3. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

3

Answered . Talk to your lawyer or consult and hire one. You have listed no facts here at all. How do we know where the mother is? Whoever is revising the children is going to get child support. Just because you have joint custody does not mean you have equal time with them.