I need to know what to do with this mentally unstable person living in my house.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dalton, GA

i have a friend who has lived with me for 6 months. never has paid rent. found out she stole from me after month one. She promised and has been paying on the amount until one month ago and stopped and has refused to pay anything else. She went to my boss and filed a complaint saying i was harrassing her by constantly asking for my money. She is also spreading rumors saying i am violent. She showed people this place on her chin and said i did it. I have not touched her. She has done this and still is living in my house. What can I do? I am scared about what she is going to do next.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Paula Jeanette Mcgill

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . You may consider getting video or audio devices in the common areas (living room, dining room, family room). Start formal evictation proceedings. It is clear, the person is trying to set you up by getting a restraining order against you and kicking you out of your won house. The faster you work in getting a formal eviction, the better off you will be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,669 answers this week

2,858 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,669 answers this week

2,858 attorneys answering