I need to know what my options are for my horrible dental issues that have created pain and agony for over 4 months now.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

The dentist performed a root canal and a few fillings , I was in utter agony and pain , it only got worse . All the fillings had to be redone because they were causing me pain and it showed on xrays they weren't done correctly . The office kept telling me the pain would be there for up to 6 months . I went for a 3d xray elsewhere and went back to my dentist with the findings that I needed the root canal redone . They redid it , and still horrible pain . one tooth 3 root canals later on the same tooth , then I was told it had to be extracted . I told them my gums hurt , they shouldve given me antibiotics before the extraction . Now I have a horrible dry socket which is beyond painful without anything for pain . Then another root canal on another tooth , they dropped a piece of the metal inside .

1. George Costas Andriotis

4

Answered . I would at a minimum find another dentist.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  2. Andrew Daniel Myers

4

Answered . Root canals and fillings do not hurt for 6 months absent some extremely unusual circumstances. One of the troubling things about this post is that you continued to go back to the same place. Find a different dentist. Go to a different dentist. A determination of whether there was actual malpractice requires a great deal of review and analysis beyond an internet back and forth. Here's why: [Blue Link Below]

Pro

3

Answered . If your dentist isn't removing the entire root during the root canal procedures, a new dentist should probably do it.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Don Karotkin

Answered . I agree with all of the other responding lawyers that your first step should be to find a new dentist, one in whom you can have some confidence.

You may or may not have a valid dental malpractice claim. The only way to find out is to consult a lawyer who will review the dental records and get an expert, a dentist, to review them and advise whether or not dental negligence has occurred. I suggest that you consult a Dallas plaintiffs' lawyer who is certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. A link to the Board's website appears below.

www.tbls.org