I need to know what my charge means

Asked over 2 years ago - Johnstown, PA

I was arrested with pills that weren’t all mine. I got charged with “Int poss contr subst by per not reg.” What does this mean?

1. Jason S Dunkle

3

Best Answer

Answered . I presume that you were charged with what is commonly referred to as Simple Possession, in violation of 35 P.S. 780-113(a)(16). The charge is based upon "possession" of a controlled substance and not "ownership." The fact that the pills were on you means that you were in possession. The charge alleges that you did not have a valid prescription for the controlled substances and were not otherwise authorized by the Drug Act to possess the substances.

The offense is a misdemeanor punishable by 1 year incarceration, $5,000 fine, and a suspension of Pennsylvania driving privileges. I highly recommend that you contact a criminal defense attorney in your area to discuss the facts and circumstances of your case.

2. David Bradley

2

1

Answered . You are charged with illegally possessing a controlled substance, possession of drugs. It is a misdemeanor where you face up to a year in prison, assuming it is a first offense. You should contact an attorney to represent you ASAP.

3. Ellis B. Klein

Pro

1

1

Answered . You are charged with illegal possession of a controlled substance. Keep in mind that the crime is not "ownership" of a controlled substance, but rather, possession. You need to retain an experienced local lawyer to help you as a conviction for this can have long term consequences.