I need to know what my charge means

Johnstown, PA |

I was arrested with pills that weren’t all mine. I got charged with “Int poss contr subst by per not reg.” What does this mean?

I presume that you were charged with what is commonly referred to as Simple Possession, in violation of 35 P.S. 780-113(a)(16). The charge is based upon "possession" of a controlled substance and not "ownership." The fact that the pills were on you means that you were in possession. The charge alleges that you did not have a valid prescription for the controlled substances and were not otherwise authorized by the Drug Act to possess the substances.

The offense is a misdemeanor punishable by 1 year incarceration, $5,000 fine, and a suspension of Pennsylvania driving privileges. I highly recommend that you contact a criminal defense attorney in your area to discuss the facts and circumstances of your case.

What kind of time am i looking at ? Asked 9 minutes ago - Johnstown, PA Charged with a DUI Criminal Charges Theft My name is ashley cover i got charged w retail theft and Int poss contr subst by per not reg on 10-14 -11 . First ? is what does the poss charge mean ? Then on 3-17-12 i got a dui fleeing the scene of an accident,hit and run . did not have a licence. jus got the summary for the traffic violation Acci Dam to unattended Veh Or Property. What kind of time in jail am i going to see i am on ror bond right not for the retail theft etc. please get back to me asap appreciate it

Jason S Dunkle

Jason S Dunkle

Before I could tell you what duration of time you are facing, I would want to review the police criminal complaints that were filed so I could see the precise fact patterns and charges alleged. The Simple Possession charge generally carries a probationary sentence for a first offense, but the new DUI offense could be a violation of your ROR bail on the possession case and thereby result in a bail modification. Most attorneys give free consultations, and I recommend contacting a lawyer in your area for a consult. An experienced lawyer in your area would know the tendencies of the police, DA, and judges and thereby give you a decent idea of what will happen with your case. Also, you need to have an attorney review your case for defense strategies. If you can beat the case, then you do not have jail time. If the DA is afraid that you can win the case, then the DA is generally more willing to issue a favorable plea offer to avoid losing the case. For example, I had a client charged with a 3rd offense DUI in the highest tier, so he was facing a mandatory minimum sentence of 1 year. I filed a motion that caused the DA to realize that she may lose the case, and the DA issued a plea offer to a reduced DUI charge that required my client to spend 10 days in jail. Have a local defense attorney review your cases.

how would i be bale to get you the info you need

Jason S Dunkle

Jason S Dunkle

I am located in State College and do not handle cases in Johnstown. While the law in PA is statewide, the people that enforce and administer the law, meaning cops, DAs, and judges, are obviously different in every county. I recommend talking to an attorney that routinely handles cases in Johnstown as they can tell you what to expect based upon their prior experiences with the officer, DA, and judges in that area. I recommend going to the website for the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (PACDL) and searching the lawyer directory for attorneys in Cambria County.

thank you so much i just found one . This is just a big messed up situation.

Jason S Dunkle

Jason S Dunkle

Good luck and I wish you the best.

thank you

You are charged with illegally possessing a controlled substance, possession of drugs. It is a misdemeanor where you face up to a year in prison, assuming it is a first offense. You should contact an attorney to represent you ASAP.

Why would i do a year if its my first offence and its a misdemeanor

Thank you i just posted another one because on St pats i got a dui n im on ror from those chagres could you take a look at that one by chance sir

David Bradley

David Bradley

Chances are very good that you would not do any jail time if it is a first offense. There are several options available to you that an attorney can help you with. Most will consult for no charge.

What kind of time am i looking at ? Asked 9 minutes ago - Johnstown, PA Charged with a DUI Criminal Charges Theft My name is ashley cover i got charged w retail theft and Int poss contr subst by per not reg on 10-14 -11 . First ? is what does the poss charge mean ? Then on 3-17-12 i got a dui fleeing the scene of an accident,hit and run . did not have a licence. jus got the summary for the traffic violation Acci Dam to unattended Veh Or Property. What kind of time in jail am i going to see i am on ror bond right not for the retail theft etc. please get back to me asap appreciate it this is what i need you to look at

You are charged with illegal possession of a controlled substance. Keep in mind that the crime is not "ownership" of a controlled substance, but rather, possession. You need to retain an experienced local lawyer to help you as a conviction for this can have long term consequences.

What kind of long term consequences be ? An i took my script list to the police station from my Dr they gave me everything back ... i truly was holding them for a family member she was with me the day before n didnt want to take her purse but she wants to come forward and say what truly happened, and i keep telling her no cause i feel it woud just make it worse am i wrong ?