I need to know what I need to file to stop my brother the Trustee from selling off anymore of our fathers property.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fresno, CA

My dad had property in California when he passed away 9 months ago. One of my brothers became the trustee and has refused to lodge our fathers Will and now says their isnt one. Which is False. We all have a copy. He hasnt Petitioned for Probate and now he is selling off our fathers house and property for a lower price then some of us feel is the fair market value. He has allowed another brother to completely take everything from our fathers home without notifying us. Please help

1. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

5

1

Answered . You need to petition the court to review his acts and/or file for a civil injunction. I suggest acting quickly since it has already been 9 months.

2. Kermit M Milburn

3

Answered . In most states a copy of the Will can be probated if the original is not available. Take your copy to your lawyer and give him all of the facts to help you.

3. Daniel Mcgraw Little

Answered . As Trustee he owes the beneficiaries a fiduciary duty. It appears that he is breaching that duty. I recommend you retain an experienced estate administration/litigation attorney to review the matter and take whatever actions are required to either put your brother in line with the terms of the Trust and the Probate Code or have him removed.