I need to know my right as a mother...my mother is trying to get full custody and take my kids! away from me.

Atlantic City, NJ |

Me and my mother have joint custody but she is primary only because the kids wake up and sleep there. THATS WHY THE JUDGE GAVE HER primary. She has been a real dushbag and take primary to far. I have went to school and graduated its been hard finding a job but I don't give up. I pray I have one before court though. My mother is going to come at me hard and if that means losing on me and making it like I'm a bad mother then that she will do. She don't care she is moving to gerogia and wants my kids with her. I'm trying to move to Florida to be stable with my kids and start my life without her and she doesn't want that. She wants things to happen her way if not she will do whatever it takes to make it happen and that means hurting me then she will. I just want my kids in a month is court.

The fact that your mother wants to move to another state may be a valid reason for transferring custody back to you, depending on the history of this case.

you both are trying to leave the state so i dont think that would matter at all during the case.. since she has been primary caregiver the judge might not remove the kids if its not in their best interest. Since you both are trying to move i dont think the judge would use that except to say neither of you can move, relocation cases are hard.. to me it sounds like the judge would try to leave custody the way it is and not allow either of you to move without the others permission unless you were doing so without the kids. If she has been primary i dont think the judge would uproot the children unless it was in the best interest of them.. If your mom will fight you like you say then i think it would be wise to save money to get a good lawyer.. Good Luck.

Child custody topics