I need to know if this contract or bill of sale covers all the bases as described and that there are not any holes.

Rialto, CA |

Selling vehicle that I, have not registered in my name and there will be 2 payments of $500 each, one on 1-4-13 and the other 1-11-13

1. A bill of sale is proof of an underlying contract, but is not a contract itself (necessarily) unless designed to act as both. What you described would be the terms of the contract.

Matthew Johnson phone# 206.747.0313 is licensed in the State of Washington and performs bankruptcy, short sale negotiations, and estate planning in Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King and Pierce counties. The response does not constitute specific legal advice, which would require a full inquiry by the attorney into the complete background of the facts and circumstances surrounding this matter; rather, it is intended to be general legal information based on the limited information provided by the inquirer; it This response also does not constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established after a conflict of interest evaluation is completed, your case is accepted, and a fee agreement is signed. Johnson Legal Group, PLLC

2. First of all, it is virtually impossible, in this four, to tell you if a document is sufficient, given that we don't have it to review. That being said, if the vehicle isn't registered in your name, is the title in your name? Do you have the right to sell the vehicle?

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

3. I don't think any attorney will ever tell any client the contract covers all the bases and there are no holes; there is not enough information in your question. Whose name is the car in? Did you steal it? Is there insurance on it? Was it in an accident? Did you tell buyer any "facts" about the car you don't actually have first hand knowledge. Do you have proof you own the car? As you can see from my questions the "contract" is not only way you can "find yourself in a hole"--so without knowing how you obtained the car and what you represented to the buyer, I would say there can be lots of holes, but easily plugged knowing all the information.

The foregoing is for informational purposes only and may not be relied on as attorney-client advice.