I need to know if my lease can be determined null and void secondary to illegal actions by landlord

Levittown, PA |

I was just inform by township L&I dept. that my landlord never got township mandated inspection/license for this property...does this nullify my lease. Can I withhold rent as he is renting property illegally. Also we recently had water/sewer damage to property for which the landlord did not want the township to do the repairs...wanted insurance company to pay him directly. Now it appears he is not going to make repairs he was paid for. I received my check from insurance company two weeks ago so I know he received his. No attempt has been made to contact me regarding making repairs. I am almost positive he is just pocketing the money. The property will not pass L&I inspection without lots of repairs...where will this put me as far as living here

1. If you want out of lease or you want repairs I would complain to township and have them take legal action against this landlord. That will accompish one or both goals.