I need to know if immigration passed the law about if an illegal immigrant is married to a citizen and they get few time in mex

Asked over 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

i am married to and illegal immigrant and i want to put in a petition to get his residents card.

1. J Charles Ferrari

8

1

Answered . There is no new law and none are currently being considered in Congress. You might be referring to a change is policy which would permit those that qualify for waivers to wait in the US while the waiver is being processed, and to only have to leave the US once the waiver has been processed. That policy has not yet been implemented.

2. Neil Ian Fleischer

6

1

Answered . I agree with both attorneys, but if you hear something in the media, it is always best to contact an immigration attorney who should be up on the law

www.immigrate2usa.com

3. C. C. Abbott

6

Answered . It is never advisable to rely on the media for opinions as to changes in immigration law. Congress is going to have great difficulty under the current political mood to agree to any chnages in immigration law that will result in any amnesty for specific groups. You can always check on the USCIS website for recent developments in immigration legislation and or the Department of Justice web site as such locations have content provided directly by the Federal Government and or its agencies.