I NEED TO KNOW IF I HAVE A LEGAL CASE I HAD RECENTELY GOT TERMINATED FROM MY JOB FOR FAILING A DRUG TEST.

Asked over 1 year ago - Katy, TX

I WAS IN PAIN ONE DAY SO I GOT PERMISSION FROM MY DEPARTMENT MANAGER GO HOME.WHEN I GOT MY WIFE HAD GOT ME A PRESCRIPTION DRUG OUT OF MEDCINE CABINET FOR ME AND I TOOK IT. I USE TO HAVE KIDNEY STONES SO WE THOUGHT THE PAIN THAT I HAD MAB HAVE BEEK FROM KIDNEY STONES BUT IT WAS FROM A INJURY THAT I HAD AT WORK SO I HAD TO A EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST THAT PILL THAT I TOOK ENDEDMUP IN THE DRUG THAT I HAD TOOK BUT I WAS OFF AT THAT I TOOK THE DRUG

1. Richard E. Aubin

3

Answered . Texas is an employment at will state and you can be terminated for any reason or no reason at all in most circumstances. If they fired you for failing a drug test, you really don't have any recourse. Now, you do mention that it turned out to be a work injury - if you think the termination may have been for filing a worker's compensation claim, then you might have a retaliation claim.

If you are a member of a union or have a specific contract of employment, then you may have some additional rights. You should look into a consultation with an employment lawyer in your area who can go through all of the wrinkles of your factual circumstances and help you determine what rights you may have.