Skip to main content

I need to know how to write an "objection" to reduce a chapter 13 payment plan percentage in proper pleading form?

Hartford, KY |

A family member filed chapter 13 and included an unsecured loan they owed us. They are now trying to reduce the amount of what they are suppose to pay us from 34% to 22%. According to the notice I received from the Western District of KY Bankruptcy Court I have to file an Objection with the court and I have no idea of how to properly write what is required as the notice I received says the objection has to be written in "proper pleading form" as required by the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure. I received this notice in the mail yesterday and only have 2 weeks to get it filed. So please if you could be of some assistance, I'd greatly appreciate it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Although I am just now reading this question I will answer it for all the other individuals in your situation -- when you receive a notice in the bankruptcy court, please consult an experienced bankruptcy attorney. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Bankruptcy Rules are complex and require an experienced attorney to deal with all of the problems and complexities.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer